eyep

Thursday, July 31, 2008

my po-po always smells like szechuan peppercorns




For the last few months, I’ve been working on a manuscript for a book I hope will be finished by the end of this year. While I can’t get into specifics, what I can say is, the book will be a little collaboration between my grandmother and me. With the first phase almost complete comes the second phase which is much more difficult and requires plenty of time in the kitchen. Care to guess what kind of book it is we’re working on?

While doing research online, I came across two relevant sites that I HAVE to share with you- especially with those of you who have cute (and sometimes NOT-SO-CUTE) Asian grandmothers.

Lau Lau’s Recipes
Excerpt from the About page:
“Our grandmother passed away on June 11, 2006. She was an amazing cook. These are her recipes as we have done our best to reconstruct them.”

The Asian Grandmother’s Cookbook
Excerpt from the About page:
“The Asian Grandmothers Cookbook will be a compilation of family and homecooking recipes from across the Asian smorgasbord, the idea being that grandmothers are the closest link we have to our cultures and traditions. It’ll also contain anecdotes and stories about family, food traditions, grandmothers, mothers and aunts. I envision it as a way to preserve traditional recipes for future generations.”

4 comments:

Annie Wang said...

Dude, thank you so much for these sites. There is a scarcity of good Asian restaurants here so I've managed to just attempt to cook everything myself.

Diana said...

can't wait till you finish!

Anonymous said...

woah, i thought the title said my poo poo...hahha...sorry, i just lowered the bar so much with that comment.....

Unknown said...

awesome! i cant wait to see what you got in store for us!