eyep

Sunday, September 14, 2008

last life in the universe

A long while ago, my friend Miguel shared one of his favorite movies with me for my birthday and I recently had a desire to watch the dvd again. Last Life In The Universe directed by Pen-Ek Ratanaruang still ranks as one of my favorite movies of all time. I'm not so much a movie buff, but I know what I like and this film weaves together mesmerizing visuals, a beautiful storyline, superb acting, and even a little cameo from Takeshi Miike himself. If you like the Wong Kar Wai type of film-making, you're in for a treat- thanks Mig.

In seeking out an enticing trailer, I came across a US version and a Japanese version. The former appears darker, more melancholic whereas the latter highlights the romance, and dreaminess of the movie. Not to mention the voice over narration that sort of bogs down the US trailer. I much prefer the fluidity of the Japanese trailer, but I guess it IS a whole extra minute longer...


US VERSION


JAPAN VERSION

No comments: