eyep

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

add this to every meal

I'm really lucky because I have a cool job. It's not always cool because I occasionally file, lift heavy boxes, pick up the phone in my monotonous "It's Diane, can I help you?", and know the mailroom pretty well. But for the most part, it's friggin cool. The last three days, a colleague and I spent our time in SD attending the Fancy Food Show. (we also had really good meals, and chilled out in our own luxurious hotel rooms!) I can't even begin to describe what this show is like- it's a gathering of all things food-related. It's like MAGIC or POOL for edible goods. Vendors from around the country come, display their ware, and sell- sell- sell. And you know, as press, we were treated pretty decently. I can't even begin to list all the bbq sauces/mustards/honey/salts/syrups/chocolate/cheeses I tasted. The best part is: Two days of grazing, and not a pound heavier. I think from now on, I will subsist only on condiments. Anyway, I'll stop bragging now but I'll leave you with the most bizarre (but perhaps most genius) product I had a chance to try at the show:



Pretty self explanatory no?

See- baconsalt.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard about this on KCRW.

Anonymous said...

looks yum!

V.W.L. said...

my birthday is soon....just sayin..

Anonymous said...

Did they have this there too?

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/product/bacon_exotic_candy_bar/exotic_candy_bars