eyep

Friday, January 25, 2008

benediction

Dear God,

Today while logging into Facebook (is a trademark sign needed for this kind of mention?), I noticed that I was sent a new message. Upon digitally opening my cyberspace "mailbox", I noticed that Jason Stern from UCLA Radio sent me a congratulatory message. Apparently, the contest I had entered closed. And by the will of the good Lord, I had won a pair of tickets to the Mirah/the Blow show tonight.

And now, I'm sitting at work, flashing my toothy smile at the computer screen as I count my blessings. These two artists are some of my favs! And gee golly, I just love winning things. Diana, my bff, and I will drive over to the Fonda and think of you, Lord. And like superstars, we will park in a spacious lot where we'll charm the parking attendants into giving us the Chinese discount (50% off, baby!). And you know what, just because I'm in a good mood, I'll even buy Diana a bacon-wrapped hot dog for kicks after the show.

Much love, G.

Di xoxo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mirah and the blow! how lucky!

Anonymous said...

diane..im moving back april! hopefully you'll still be in california